You never get a second chance to make a first impression- This time-tested adage couldn’t be more important to follow than when trying to sell your home! An important part of my job as your listing agent, is to assist you in making sure when a buyer sees your home for the first time, they get the best possible look they can.
Following these home enhancing tips for curb appeal will not only help boost inquiries into your property but make neighbors take notice and offer compliments!
TIPS FOR BOOSTING CURB APPEAL
- Use a power washer to clean your home’s exterior
- Scrape peeling paint and if necessary, repaint
- Clean both the inside and outside of your window glass removing any accumulated debris and/or cobwebs
- Repair and/or replace loose roof shingles
- Clean out your gutters and downspouts. If they are damaged, replace them. If they are rusty, repaint them
- Clean up flower beds by pulling weeds and adding mulch or stones
- Keep your lawn neatly manicured by mowing and edging and reseeding dead spots
- Remove all weeds, dandelions and grass growing up through sidewalks cracks
- Keep the bushes, plants and trees neatly trimmed
- Neatly roll up garden hoses and put away garden tools
- Keep the home’s walks and driveway swept.
- Add some bright-colored flowers where you can
- If needed, paint and/or replace your front entry door.
- If you have a screen door in disrepair, remove it or make needed repairs
- Consider replacing the front door hardware with something more modern
DON'T FORGET THE SIDES & REAR OF YOUR HOUSE
- Power wash the patio or deck and if needed, sand and stain
- Secure any loose boards with nails, screws or wood glue
- Stain or paint fences repairing broken boards or other types of damaged fencing
- Set-up an cozy and inviting sitting area in the backyard